Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HB Jean



My Mother-In-Law is having a birthday this month. No, I didn't mistakenly make 2 cards for the same person; I've been blessed with an MIL and a Step-MIL and they both celebrate their birthdays the same week! My MIL paints pictures and I think she painted a picture that is basically the same format as this card. I chose the colors as a pun for my faux oil painting. I used the canvas background stamp to make it look more like an oil painting on canvas. I made an oval template so that I could define the stippled area. I stamped the background trees on a scrap paper before I stamped it on the card to make it look like they are further away than the single fir tree. I embossed the whole thing because I know that after a painting dries for a few days, you put a protective coating on it. I hope she likes it!
Deets:
Stamps: Canvas Background, Lovely As A Tree, Birthday Greetings
Paper: NOT QUITE Navy, CLOSE TO Cocoa, Naturals Ivory
Inks: NOT QUITE Navy, CLOSE TO Cocoa, VersaMark, Stazon Azure
Accessories: Coluzzle, Stipple brush
(C)Stampin'Up! TFL


No comments:

Post a Comment