Saturday, May 16, 2009

Father's Day




I LOVE the way these came out! They are made out of cardstock, but they look like leather! I had fun making them. I used my DH's wallet as a template. After cutting out the pieces and assembling the inside components, I rounded all the corners. Then, I used my paper piercer to create the illusion of stitching around the edges. It's not easily seen on the black wallets, but the Chocolate Chip wallets allow the black lines that I drew from each "stitch hole" to the next show up as if I sewed them. I pressed my VersaMark Ink Pad onto the outside panels. Then, added Embossing Powder and before I heat set it, I drew the lines. They don't feel like cardstock any more! I googled around and found a bunch of different coupons, mounted them on cardstock, add slipped them into the various sections. I hope to make purses soon. Never enough time in the day! I have three other projects in the air before I can get to them. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! What artwork! You are so creative! I love the designs you made! I will contact you because those so neat..and I need these and some to you know when I send stuff to grandkids! Please design more! Even if you get a Walmart gift card whatever..you cannot believe that there are not really neat cards to send them in!
    Love your ART! Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Peg! Did you see all the older posts too? I started this blog in January. Therre are TONS of cards and projects here.

    ReplyDelete